Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mid-month check in

Well, let's see what's been going on.....

#1 has had another change of plan and as it stands right now, she'll be moving home sometime in the middle of February. I haven't had much of a chance to get her anything so all she has right now is a fireplace set, a few dishes, and a recliner. I'm hoping to be able to find her a good, used fridge so she doesn't have to shell out too much money after getting her utilities turned on.

P came over with her son yesterday - he has a pick up truck. We, along with husband, went through one of the sheds and separated the good stuff from the stuff that needed to go to the dump. Thus the reason for the son and his truck. I paid him to pull it out of the shed and to load up the crap and haul it off. Good thing husband was home b/c the son seemed to think that all he was needed for was to stand there while we did the work and then drive off when we were done. Hell, he didn't even bring a tarp and the dump won't accept any loads that aren't tarped. So, I had to pay him AND loan him a tarp! But - we got 'er done.

P has me on her committee of a local park and helping with the craft shows they put on twice a year. I'm not doing much - just calling all the past vendors to see if they're interested in coming back this year. We're splitting the list so that only has me calling oh....about 100 people. :o She's also dragging me to an awards banquet Saturday night. She doesn't know if she's getting an award - she was just told to be there and she didn't want to go alone. Her husband isn't THAT type of husband. You know - supportive. I know the type very well. Williamson Brothers BBQ is catering most of it so at least the food will be good. I just have to think of a side or dessert to bring. I'm thinking old fashioned mac & cheese. We'll see how the list is looking.

Nothing much else going on. Just trying to keep the fire going to keep warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home