Saturday, December 30, 2006

Whew! Problem solved!

Got a call from P today wanting to know if the fam and I would like to hang out over there on New Year's eve. Play some games, drink some drinks, do some fireworks. My answer, of course, was not just YEAH! but HELL YEAH! and a huge TYVM for the invite!

I haven't heard anything from STFBN since Christmas anyway so if they plan to just show up .... ooops! That won't work this time cause we won't be home.

Thank you, P - you're a true and wonderful friend. :)

*UPDATE*

I was feeling guilty about STFBN so I actually waited until 5:30 pm yesterday to give her a chance to let me know if they were coming or not. Nothing. As much as I wanted to let them just show up; I couldn't, in all good conscience, let that happen.

Instead, I sent them an email @ 5:30 letting them know that since we hadn't heard anything from them, we figure they had other plans and/or work early the next morning. So, for the first time ever, hubby and I had decided to go out.

I didn't go into detail. I wished them a Happy New Year and told them that we would toast them at midnight. Which we did. Of course, the toast was 'Thank goodness we're not dealing with your pitiful self-serving drunk ass sob session prior to going home!'

We had a GREAT time! No drama. No one drunk off their ass. No one crying or hanging all over everyone. It was just what you would want when friends and their children get together - everyone was in a good mood and we all had fun.

We've got a date to do it again on the 4th of July. Hopefully, I won't be injured on THIS 4th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home