Sunday, December 10, 2006

Clueless

We had an *interesting* moment last night. Sad more than interesting really.

#3 was headed out with friends. They had come to pick her up and they were all gathered at the door ready to leave.

#2, husband, and I were watching a show on TLC called Crazy Christmas Lights about people who go totally insane with their lighting and decorations.

#3 said, "Ok, I'm going now. I love you!"

I said, "Love you, too. Have fun!"

#2 said, "Um....yeah."

Husband said...

....*crickets chirping*....

At this point, #3 shuts the door and refuses to leave until he says something. Her friends have uncomfortable looks on their faces.

I look at husband. You know the look - the wide-eyed, WTF, give me a fuckin' break kind of look.

....*crickets chirping*....

#3 says, "I'm not leaving until I hear it!!!"

Stupid shit husband just sits there looking at her so I pipe up and ask "Can you not tell your own daughter that you love her?"

Her friends are fidgeting by now and I'm getting pissed! What an incredible ass!!!

He did eventually mumble a very low "Um, love you, too." and she and her friends left.

I feel so sorry for us all. Especially husband. He just doesn't realize how pathetic he really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home