Thursday, December 28, 2006

There be dragons in my future!

Out of the blue, around 8:30 last night, #3 comes to me and asks if I'd like to go see a movie tomorrow. She says that we haven't spent much time together lately and thought it would be nice if just the two of us make a day of it. She's paying.

I said 'Yes.'.

We're going to see Eragon at 2:30pm. I was interested in this movie from the trailer when it first came out. I'd never heard of the book nor the author prior to the movie's release. When shopping with the girls the week #1 was in town to close on her house, I noticed the sequel book at borders. My interest was sparked again.

I was flipping channels last week and came across Glenn Beck interviewing the author. Wow! Now, I'm totally intrigued!

*UPDATE*
Hmmm ... enjoyable movie but very formulaic, predictable, and average. It was very obvious that there was a LOT left out of the movie that reading the book before hand would have explained! Had I paid money to see it, I would have been pissed. Spending time with my daughter, though, overcame the movie's short-comings. I had a totally wonderful day!

Here's a much more comprehensive, and better written, review of Eragon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home