Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bust, burst, bust

Went to K-Mart today. K-Mart is a pretty good place to go and buy stuff but probably not the best place to buy what I went there for - bras. Yep, those torture devices invented by men who were tired of seeing the gravity-ridden boobs of old women flopping to and fro. I don't like seeing that either especially when it's in the mirror! The horror!!!!

But - it was time for a replacement. I used to have several bras on hand so that I could switch things up a bit but as time went by and my weight went up, my selection went down. It's much harder to find something that's not only attractive, fits, and is comfortable after you begin to experience the effects of sitting around on your ass all day and the inevitable weight gain.

As hard as it might be to believe, finally finding a replacement bra can lead to depression. Imagine this....... you've been wearing the same size bra for say, oh, the past 3 years. You don't realize that something sinister had been going on with that bra - right under your nose - quietly - gradually. Even though you NEVER put it in the dryer, it's been stretching and loosing its elasticity. It's been pulling the wool over your eyes. The wool that will be unceremoniously ripped away in an instant when you try on the prospective replacement and find that no, you're not still a 40 C. You're now a 44 D!!!!!

I was in denial. Not once. Not twice. But three freakin' times as I skulked out of the dressing room with my 1st choice and brought back my 2nd choice and then my 3rd and final choice. The bigger those damn bras got, the more depressed I got.

No wonder so many women are on Prozac when a seemingly innocent bra can rend your self-esteem and your fucking day all in one fell swoop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home