Thursday, September 14, 2006

Getting in touch

Despite the day's rough start, it turned out to be ok. Not great but ok.

There were no more issues with # 3. Thank goodness!

P never showed up to get the canopy but that's ok. She's got back to back shows and is working on her inventory. Plus she wants to borrow my light-weight folding table. No biggie. At least with her I know I'll get my stuff back instead of having to beg for years like with STFBN!

I talked to my mom and, through her, wished my dad a happy birthday. His big day was Monday - the 11th. Uggg....

Brother never returned my call in answer to the message he left for me to call. Mom said she hadn't talked to him so I'm not sure what he wanted and I'm pretty much over worrying with it. He knows where to find me.

Talked to # 1 for about 5 minutes in between her phone going in and out of signal. Told her that I had received a letter from my long, lost niece and that she wanted to get back into contact with # 1. I just didn't know whether to forward the letter to # 1 or email her the info. She opted for email. Done.

I also got back in touch with the lady who owned the local ceramic shop here and found that she was doing well despite having minor heart surgery over the summer. Seems that this summer sucked for quite a few folks! She's recovered well enough over the past couple of months that she and her husband have revamped their sun room and will have it set up as a work area for a few choice customers here in the next few weeks. Oh, I just can't wait! I've been so cooped up that everything in me is screaming to get out!

I have 2 bowls that have been glazed and need a final firing, a bisque bowl that I need to glaze, and a green bowl that needs to be bisque fired. That will give me a few to add to my dust-collecting collection. At least, now that I know that I can have access to a kiln again, I can whip out my clay and attempt to make something. I haven't touched the stuff since June so who knows......

What else.....

Oh! I took a gander at the rv to see if things inside were doing well and to see if husband had any diet cokes hidden in there ( he does shit like that - go figure). Sure enough, even though there were no diet cokes, there was a case of beer...in the cabinet...in the very back. It seems to have been there for a while so what I'm wondering is this - why did he go to the store for the purpose of buying beer 2 days ago when we already had some? Hmmm..... I doubt that a legion of shrinks and years of therapy could figure out why he does that sort of thing. Well, maybe THEY could but I'm having a hard time understanding why a man who's nearly 50 years old still has 'MINE!' issues. Waaaaaaaaa...... Poor baby.

Last thing - my neighbor's are having a bumper crop of prickly pears. Think they would notice if, one day, they were all gone? Jams and jellies are not my thing but at $5.00 a pint, I could give it a go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home