Monday, September 11, 2006

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”

With age comes wisdom, right?

I've learned a LOT of valuable lessons in the past several months; lessons that can only be learned in their own time. Lessons that no one can teach you; experiences you must go through in order to glean meaning from them.

I spoke with a very dear friend of mine tonight. He's going through one of those times right now.

Winston Churchill was a very bright fellow with some of the most amazing quotes.

My friend is taking to heart this Churchill quote -

Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.

But I'm encouraging him to take heart in this one -
The price of greatness is responsibility.

I can only wish him well and let him know that, regardless of his decisions, he's loved.

*title quote by Colin Powell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home