Sunday, September 03, 2006

Unsubscribe your way to a better life

In keeping with my resolve to rid myself of people who bring me down, I've left the group I started over 3 years ago. The group was composed of women I'd met during a class for Paint Shop Pro.

Our group has been through the death of 2 of our members, health issues, marital issues, deaths in the family, and everything in between.

Until a few months ago, we were very tight and thought we'd be together for the rest of our lives. I've blogged about this before so I won't go into more detail about when that changed or why.

2 days ago a member wanted to know where everyone was and did we even have a group any more? Well, over 1/2 the membership had posted during the week and the others had previously posted that they were busy with household projects (one member is selling a house and building another) and another member was away on vacation. Another member owns her own business and is always very tied up with her work.

Needless to say, the only reason for that particular member to even post something like that was to make everyone feel badly for not responding to her as quickly as she wanted them to respond. She's a very selfish person and is always looking for sympathy. I've overlooked her proclivity to whine, for the most part, but this last instance to make others feel guilty for not paying her any attention was all I could handle.

She's also been sharing information with 1 of the members who left the group some months back and she makes no attempts to hide her cc'd posts.

Well, I said something to her about her post and the fact that most everyone had checked in during the week. As she usually does, she became overly defensive saying that she didn't appreciate my sarcasm and that she must have spoken out of turn and she guesses she should just leave the group.

That's about the umpteenth time she's threatened to leave so I told her to stay and that I would leave. And I did.

I'm over her - the uber-drama queen - and her constant threats and whines that nobody likes her.

I'll stay in touch with those whom I truly consider my friends and she can go screw herself!

Now, I'm down to only 1 person who, on a daily basis, makes me feel like shit. However, 24 yrs of marriage is hard to unsubscribe from. If only it were that easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home