Sunday, August 13, 2006

Phone call causes cake to stick

I don't know what it was about today - maybe because for the past 2 months I've been a gimp and not able to DO ANYTHING! - but I wanted to bake a cake. Not just any cake. A lemon pound cake. Ummm.....cake.....

Went to the store for my butter and lemons. Started making the thing and somewhere in between adding in cups # 2 and 3 (half a cup at a time), number one child calls. I tell her I can't talk right now because I am literally in the middle of making a cake.

I go back to what I'm doing but can't remember what number cup of flour I'm on!!!!

If I add an extra half cup - it'll be too dense and like a hockey puck.

If I leave out a half cup - it won't rise and it'll be greasy.

I decide to screw it and stick the thing in the oven and take my chances.

With only 25 minutes left to go out of the 90 minute baking time, I peek through the glass to discover that it's just now getting to the top of the pan. Not a good sign and I knew, then, that I was missing the needed half cup of flour. :(

Sure enough, when I pulled it out and had cooled it enough to un-pan it - despite having liberally buttered and floured the pan - it stuck. Of course I ate the part that stuck (quality control!) and it was a bit greasy but it was also still pretty warm.

I think it'll be ok. Don't matter really cause I'm eating it anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home