Sunday, July 09, 2006

This year's 4th of July

We hosted the 4th of July festivities as we do every year. But like 2 yrs ago, when I broke my foot, this year saw me injured, in pain, and not quite the hostess with the mostest.

Husband, with the help of # 2 and #3, did a great job of getting things put together. That sure took a load off of me! I greatly appreciated their help and things went rather well.

Only 3 things come to mind that put a damper on the evening. You guessed it - STFBN!

She and her husband came over and brought potato salad and their own chairs. Why? I don't freakin' know! We have plenty of chairs of all types. Oh well - no biggie. I'm only mentioning that b/c of something that happened today but I'll get to that later.

#3 called just as we were sitting down to eat. She had heard the news of Ding Dong in NK launching his little missiles and wanted to find out if she should be worried. We all talked to her and assured her that she, and everyone else, would be fine and to not worry. She's in the far North Atlantic right now so there was very little chance that he would aim anything in that direction. Nothing but Cod fish there anyway.

We didn't have any flags to retire this year so we settled on the front porch to watch the ignition of our stash of illegal fireworks. Oh, my - they were so awesome! I just love the ones with rapport and sparkles that have 20, one after another, colorful bursts. So beautiful it almost makes me cry.

Unfortunately, the very last one overturned after 3 shots and then proceeded to set off the rest toward husband's van, the rv, and the garage. That's the 1st mishap we've ever had but everyone seemed to think it was cool none the less.

During the show, STFBN sat on the step below me and kept leaning back onto the leg that was killing me due to the episode with my back. I kept pushing her off and telling her to please NOT lean back on my leg. Well, she kept damn doing it! When the mishap with the last firework happened, I move up one step in case I was in the line of fire and when I did, her back got whacked on the step because my leg was no longer there!

She proceeded to act as though SHE was injured and proclaimed that I had kicked her. Bullshit! She shouldn't have been leaning on me, again, and if she hadn't been, she wouldn't have hit her back when I moved my leg.

Ok, show's over and everyone is going back to the tables to gather their things to go home. Work tomorrow so no sitting and getting a buzz on. Well, except STFBN who had started drinking WELL before coming over.

My leg was freakin' killing me by this time so I managed to get into the garage and collapse into my rolling office chair which had served me well as wheelchair/walker during the past 2 weeks. All I can say is thank God for that chair or I would have been reduced to crawling to get around!

Here's the part I really don't get - she comes over to give me a hug goodbye and then tries to sit in my lap! OMG! I had to literally push her away before she flopped down on me. She then tries to sit on my lap while facing me like doing it that way would be ok. Again, I had to push her off and back myself up as quickly as possible to get the hell out of harm's way! Her husband is calling her off and wanting to know what the hell she was doing and why. 'Oh, I was just messing with her. I wasn't going to do anything.' BULLSHIT! She was totally prepared to sit her freakin' ass down on me regardless of how much it would hurt!

Fuckin' bitch!

Thankfully he hauled her ass out of there and back home - far away from me! He was in such a hurry to get her home that they left their chairs and cushions.

Someone came to get them today. I don't know who or when b/c they didn't bother to call first. All I know is that they opened the garage, got their stuff, closed the garage, and left.

Perhaps they were too embarrassed to face us?

Yeah, kind of hard to explain away some shit that like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home