Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Crystal ball fails; wife gets screwed

As much as men don't understand women - that's how much I don't understand men. Well, my husband in particular. Grrr.....

He talked me into a weekend alone, with the RV, for our anniversary/his birthday weekend a month back. It was great. The weather was beautiful and we were sans kids for nearly 3 days and 2 nights. The nights were especially glorious! *wink*

We discuss plans to bring the behemoth home. Space - that's the problem. Yes, I got rid of the POS truck but that leaves his van, my van, and his car - plus the box on wheels. It was decided that we would do some concrete work on the driveway to widen it in strategic areas thus providing us enough room to park Noah style - 2 by 2.

Done.

Now all we have to do is to find the appropriate 3 day weekend to make the 4 hour trek to where it's parked at my parents. Well, we also have to have amassed the small fortune it will take to fix a problem with a sticking brake caliper and fill the fuel tank. Further discussion was agreed upon but never forthcoming. That was 2 weeks ago.

TONIGHT he says, "What time are we leaving on Friday?" To which I say, "We're leaving on Friday?"

He assures me that we HAD discussed going up on his next weekend off and I should have known! Well, I thought we were going to do some ciphering on the $money$ needed before deciding when to go! To which he chokes out, "I've been working and haven't had the time!" To which I think to myself, "Why the hell is he getting pissy about a plan that wasn't never a plan except in HIS head?"

THEN I find out that he's already talked to his sister and made some sort of plan with her new husband while we're in town. Ummm....THIS IS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD ABOUT THAT!

Well, in his usual style, when he knows he's fucked up but refuses to acknowledge it, he jumps up from the couch (his throne) and thuds downstairs with no intention of making any further comment.

Just damn!!!

I now have 2 days to wrap my head around a trip with 2 kids that don't want to go, studying my finances, and making plans with my parents. Shit!

Why can't we just sit and talk about these things instead of him always springing them on me - expecting my crystal ball to have informed me ahead of time???

Well, there goes our money for illegal fireworks for the 4th of July. Again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home