Sunday, August 20, 2006

Things go downhill fast!

Well, the weekend started out great! Husband and I had our first invite (since the episode with my back) to friends' for a cookout. Yippee...I'm finally able to get out and enjoy life again!

We had huge grilled hamburgers with all the fixin's, adult conversation, and alcohol. We all sat outside on the deck and tired to guess the top 100 adverstising icons of the 20th century.

That's MUCH harder to do that you might think!

The evening ended @ 11:30pm and husband goes to bed the minute we walk in the door. Eh, whatever.

Neither #2 nor #3 were home last night. Both spent the night at friends'.

Had to p/u #3 at 1pm and then #2 at 4pm.

Less than half an hour after #2 arrived home - they got into a physical altercation. Grrrr.....

I was downstairs watching Master and Commander when I heard doors slamming and feet stomping. So I run upstairs, quicker than I thought possible, to see what the ever loving hell was going on!!!!

Husband, having been on the couch the ENTIRE day, announced from the couch, "I don't know what's going on."

Well, duh! Who didn't know THAT!!!!!!

Seems that #3 ate the last cheese pizza and #2, being a vegetarian, took that as a personal attack and then proceeded to tell #3 that one of her (#3's) friends thinks that SHE is prettier than #3!

The important and most inflaming part is the fact that #2 did all this in front of one of #3's friends who had just arrived for a visit. Good grief. Teenagers!

Well, someone hit someone on the head and then someone followed someone into the yard and then someone threw Coke on someone.

Screaming - yelling - yada - yada.

So much for having a great weekend.

I predict that husband will be on the couch all day again tomorrow and the kids will have words.

The only thing I can't predict is whether or not I'll find my banana bread recipe. It, along with the entire recipe book it was in, has disappeared. Unfortunately, the bananas that have been getting ready to be made into bread are on the threshold of liquidity and may not be able to wait.

Oh well. Bananas are cheap.

My book, on the other hand, is one that I've had since high school and the very first cookbook that I put together with my own recipes.

Maybe I should hit someone on the head and threaten to throw Coke on everything in sight if it's not returned safely and SOON!!!!

*UPDATE* 8/21/06
I found my cookbook! I don't know if it's my eyes or my mind but something's not working quite right. Thought I would give things another look and lo and behold, there it was! In it's proper place; sheltering my beloved banana bread recipe.

The bananas held and the bread came out ok. I'm going to have to adjust my baking time or temp to the new stove b/c it works MUCH better than my old one and things aren't coming out as perfectly as I would hope they would. Still edible but a tad browner that I would prefer.

Just a couple of slices left so no one is complaining.

#2 & #3 pretty much avoided each other yesterday so things were pretty quiet.

Husband got off the couch long enough to run to the store for bread so he did at least accomplish something. Unfortunately, it wasn't anything on THIS list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home