Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spring Cleaning

There are a few things that I need to gripe about so that I can make room for more stuff to gripe about. My version of Spring cleaning.

Still can't buy beer here on Sundays. Totally pisses me off.

Planted some new plants and repotted others only to have the storm from hell last nite so I had to bring them inside to keep them from floating away. Total pisser.

The only stray/rescue cat we have left that hasn't been fixed (they keep canceling the appointment!) keeps spraying the mini-van tires and my vehicle smells like a litter box! Blech....

The dog threw up on the mini-van seat at some point this week and I just noticed it today. How much does it cost to have someone detail a van anyway? There's too much nastiness in that thing and I don't think I have the stomach to clean it myself. :(

After 3 yrs of the bathroom drain leaking down onto my drop ceiling - in my downstairs bedroom! - husband's response to 'when do you think you'll get around to fixing it?' is still - 'I don't know'. Guess having a slowly rotting house is something that only concerns me! I don't even want to talk about the mold issues.....

Some-time friend, bitch neighbor still hasn't seen my new stove despite the fact that she came over to bring me the key to her gate so that I could feed the dog she stole. She couldn't be bothered to come in and would only talk to me on the porch.

The self-adhesive tiles we put on the living room floor are coming loose around the edges and have a tendency to snag and put holes in socks. Not to mention the fact that it's nearly impossible to sweep and/or mop because all the dirt, dust, and animal hair gets trapped in between.

I bought, on clearance from Lowe's about 5 years ago, 6 boxes of hardwood flooring - the real thing - not that laminate stuff - so that we could replace the afore mentioned faux tile floor and they've never been opened. They're sitting next to the $300 special order window for my kitchen. I bought that 4 yrs ago.

#1 is still stirring shit to smell the stink. I'm totally over that child until she grows up. She's on her own from now on. Considering that she's 26 yrs old and living in the South Pacific, she can call someone besides me when she needs something. I got nothing for her. Oh, I've got an idea - she can call her dad!

Despite husband replacing my brake pads about 6 months ago, my brakes are squealing like crazy, I have this ominous scrubbing/rubbing noise when I turn with my brakes applied, and my ABS light is constantly on. According to husband, though, there's nothing wrong.

The truck we bought for #2 & #3 to fix and drive has been sitting for a year. No calls have been placed by husband to locate a transmission. I'm giving it another month and I'm donating the POS to a charity that WILL fix it!

My friendly neighborhood ceramic shop closed up at the end of last year due to a tenant/landlord dispute and it turns out it won't be reopening. Therefore I have no place to take my pottery for firing. This one really gets under my skin b/c doing pottery is the one thing that I enjoy doing. What do you reckon I should do with all that clay and all those glazes? Husband says I can't have my own kiln because the breaker box is full. You know anyone in the market for a potters wheel?

I've got more stuff to bitch about but I'm making myself sick. I just can't even think about this stuff any more. Maybe I'll do some more cleaning on another day.

**Update**

I cannot believe that I forgot to mention this - the fact that I'm missing half the side of my house! Why, you ask, are you missing half the side of your house? Many reasons but mostly - lack of motivation.

It started with the replacement of a door with a window. When #1 was still living at home and was old enough, we moved her to the basement bedroom to show that we understood the fact that she was growing up and deserved her privacy. However, there was a door to the outside that despite being dead-bolted, was a source of concern for her. 'Someone could get in in the middle of the night!' Well, replacing it with a window really didn't make things better but she felt that it did so we did it.

Ok, I'm getting to the point!

When husband replaced the door with the window, he also had to add cedar siding to the newly closed up area. He had the siding flush with the ground. I voiced my reservations citing concerns over termites. No, he assured me, that wouldn't be a problem.

Well, last summer, after finally cleaning up an area adjacant to the window where he had piled a bunch of crap over the last 8 yrs, he discovered...what?...termites!

In the process of removing the bottom boards, we discovered that the termites had moved up and out from their initial point of entry resulting in the removal of half the boards from that side of the house.

We replaced the infected wood, treated the area for termites, prepped the area for stucco (to foil any future attempts by the obnoxious insects to return) and there it sits, as it has sat for over 8 months - nothing but an exposed area of metal lathe.

I have not questioned him on a timetable for finishing the repairs and he has not acknowledged to me that he's even remotely aware of the need to finish them.

Oh, well - who needs siding on a house anyway, right? It's all probably over-rated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home