Saturday, March 25, 2006

What's a dad to do?

A little while ago, 2 boys came to the door looking for #2. Husband answered the door, called for #2, and sat back down to resume his tv viewing. I asked who it was and he said.......hang onto your hat.......he didn't know.

Say what?!

You have 2 guys that you don't know asking to see your daughter and you don't ask who the hell they are and why they want to see her???????? What a moron! The really sad part is that this was about the 3rd time that he's done that.

I'm much more protective than that so I went to find out for myself before she got to the door!

Turns out one of them is a boy that #2 & #3 have known since kindergarten. He's spent quite a bit of time here over the years. So.........why didn't husband know who he was? Could it be that he didn't care to know? Could it be that he has more important things to do than to get to know his children's friends?

Either way - I think it sucks and is more than a little scary.

Guess I'd better make sure I'm here to answer the door when the girls have a date planned. I'm certain that husband would let them leave with just anyone who showed up!

What the hell happened to fathers who answered the door with a shotgun and a questionnaire?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home