Saturday, March 25, 2006

So, what IS normal?

Nothing much new going on today. SOS (same ol' shit). Husband was off yesterday which means that he got up @ 1pm, drooled over his rv books/paperwork, looked at rv stuff online, and then spent the rest of the day on the couch.

He didn't bother to get up or say hello to #2 & #3 when they got home from school. Even though WE were home together all day, we didn't have a conversation. That's normal, though. Oh, wait - he did tell me about the crap for the rv roof and the crap for the rv crapper that we'll have to get. Guess this damn thing is going back into the 'no deal' column again. Every time I turn around I find it's going to cost money. My 5 minutes of being ok with it have long passed.

#1 is causing #2 problems with her friends by bad-mouthing her on the internet. #1 is joining all the blogs of #2's friends. #2 said to her to get her own friends and quit talking to hers. #1 got her nose bent out of shape and things got really nasty. #3 had to step in between them.

I don't get it. Why would a sibling who's 10yrs older feel the need to screw with her sister and her relationship with her friends? Hell, #1 isn't even living in North America!

It's hard to say it but I think #1 is jealous of her sisters. That's what others have told me from their observations of her actions when she's home. 5 months ago when she was home, she did her VERY best to undermine everything that I did while sucking up to husband by becoming his 'smoke-hole' buddy. And they weren't smoking tobacco, if you KWIM! She knows how I feel about that so it was her way of thumbing her nose at me. Breaks my heart to say it but I'm glad #1 won't be home for a while.

Some-time friend, bitch neighbor had called me on Sunday to ask if I would take care of the dog (they stole from our other neighbor) while they were out of town this weekend. Told her I would come over later in the evening but I got stuck late at the grocery store and had to fix dinner when I got home. Told her that I wouldn't be over after all and to call me some time during the week and let me know what to do.

They are leaving in the morning and I haven't heard from her yet. Perhaps I should have called her? Wouldn't surprise me. Probably got pissed that I didn't go out of my way to come over to get the instructions. You know, we always take instructions for our pet to her - not ask her to come get them! Takes a lot of nerve to expect others to be at your beck and call but that's the way she is.

I'm just wondering if she's really ballsy enough to ask the dog's rightful owners to take care of him! Wouldn't that be a hoot?

'I know I stole your dog but I'm going out of town for the weekend - could you come over and feed him?'

As hard as it is to believe - there actually is precedent for that. The neighbor, as far as I know, still has the key to the padlock on the fence where the dog is kept. I've seen him skulking home from their yard at 2 o'clock in the morning while I was out enjoying the solitude of my front porch!

Pretty weird stuff but in all honesty, not the weirdest I've seen.

Years ago we lived in another neighborhood and had borrowed a wheelbarrow from our neighbor. We kept it so long that he would come over and get it, use it, and then return it.

I still laugh my ass off about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home