Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sometimes - it just all works out

Not so much blog time this week b/c #2 & #3 are out for Spring break.

Got my tooth taken care of last week and it really wasn't so bad. I had myself so worked up from the horror stories I'd heard that I threw up before I left for my appointment. I was ok when I got there considering that the trip took 1 1/2 hours! I just HATE the traffic in this city!

I did learn something extremely valuable, though, from my experience with this root canal. All that crap husband has been feeding me about needing at least 2 days off from work and tons o' meds - sooooo not true and from here on out, he'll get NO sympathy from me! He's such a pansy-ass some times.

Husband and a family friend took down 4 trees from our yard over the weekend. Everything went by the numbers. All mailboxes, fences, and vehicles are still intact! Beautiful weather to boot.

What else? Hmmmm.........

Oh! Had a girl's day out today. Went with a friend to another friend's and we did coffee. Nothing all that special, you say? Well.....did you know that coffee snobs talk about their brew like wine? With all the specific terms and such? Neither did I but I found out a LOT about coffee today.

I even got to watch some being roasted. Ha - take that!

We tasted about 5 different kinds - don't remember their names but I do know that at least 1 was very funky and the rest were very strong. Good - but almost too coffee-y for me. I'm way too used to the grocery store stuff in the can on sale for $3.99. I'm more of a 'drinks coffee as a delivery system for caffeine' as opposed to being a connoisseur type of drinker.

If you know anything about coffee then you will probably be able to appreciate what I came home with - (these were all bought green and home-roasted by my friend)

Jamaican Blue Mtn.
Papua New Guinea Purosa Estate
Maui Peaberry
Brazil Frazenda Ipanema "Dulce"
Panama Boquete Finca Maunier

Man! It's smelling good in MY house right now!

What else....

Oh, also got a 'new' grill from coffee friend. She said that her husband just didn't want to fool with it anymore and that I should take it if I wanted it. Well, considering that my grill is in worse shape than my stove was - I said "Let's load that puppy up!" Took a bit of doing but the 3 of us managed to squeeze it into the mini-van and close the hatch.

Got it home, lit it up, and it's totally awesome! It even has the side burner I've always wanted.

Guess it does pay to get out of the house every once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home