Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday

Well, it's another week off to a rip-roaring start. After my funk yesterday, I woke up to rain. Normally, I love rain - when I don't have to get out in it. I wear glasses. Wet and foggy glasses don't do much to help with the driving experience, kwim?

I hadn't planned on going anywhere today. P is supposed to come over at some point today to borrow my shelter for her upcoming craft show but other than that - no plans - except for drinking lots of coffee, waiting for my brother to return my return phone call to him from yesterday, and perhaps paying some bills.

# 3 called me from school this morning at 8:30 to let me know that she had been 'got' by the dress code police and would I please bring her a new pair of jeans so that she didn't have to waste the entire day sitting in the office doing absolutely nothing.

Got to love the logic behind the way schools do things these days! Sorry, but you have a hole in your pants so NO EDUCATION FOR YOU TODAY, young lady! Aren't we all so silly for thinking they were there to LEARN? As Dr. Phil would say - "What the hell were you thinking?"

In the school's defence, albeit a weak defence, # 3 was in violation of the dress code and knew better. Yesterday's jeans were even worse so I guess she figured her good luck in not getting 'got' would carry over to today. Nah. Her luck ran out and I, of course, had to be inconvenienced by her nose-thumbing of the rules.

Days like today make me miss my days of home-schooling. That is until I hit myself upside the head while quoting Dr. Phil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home