Monday, April 17, 2006

The reality of food

I've been watching Top Chief and The Next Food Network Star.

Top Chief....hmm....I like it but I'm not at all sure if it's because I'm making myself like it. I love the concept of it - well trained, uber-personality cooks doing all sorts of quirky competitions, but there is something too 'Apprentice' about it. Too much drama and not enough substance. I would like to see them actually cooking! Plus, the mono-tone of Billy Joel's wife, can't remember her name, sorry, is driving me nuts! Blech - show some personality, woman!

Tiffani - waaaay too competative.
Stephen - what an egotistical ass!
Liann (don't know if she spells it that way) - totally LOVE her.
Dave and Miguel - love them personally but don't think they'll get much further.
Harold - nice guy, great cook, but not much personality in my opinion.

My vote goes to Liann.

I loved last season's TNFNS and I think this season is even better. The personalities are awesome and they are genuine people! Well, Nathan was a little weird for me - just couldn't get a handle on him. I'm also very glad that Yvette is gone because even though I've never used nor eaten (as far as I know) sofritto - I'm totally sick of it! And if Carissa said 'well, I gotta tell ya' one more time, I gotta tell ya, my head would explode!

My favorites from the start were Reggie and Guy - emphasis on Guy. He's cute, he's smart, he's a family guy, and he can cook. What's not to love? I would marry him in a heartbeat! Reggie is just so sweet and lovable but he's a bit scattered, way too 'sassy', and talks about 'these girls' far too much for my taste.

My vote has been cast for Guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home