Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Veteran's Day

First I would like to thank all the past and present members of all branches of the military for their service to this great country of ours. Your sacrifice, and that of your families, is greatly appreciated!

#3 marched in our local parade with the JROTC. They did a great job and despite the cold and the wind, pretty well managed to stay in step. They also did a very robust cadence. She earned her first parade ribbon. I nearly cried with pride.

We met some very nice people and managed to snag a few Frisbees that were tossed out. A VERY nice gentleman give me the Air Force mini football that he grabbed after I told him that I was in the Air Force and hadn't managed to get one for myself. Thank you, Mr. Scorpio. I don't know his name but he had a very fun convo with #2 about them both being Scorpios and left-handed.

After we got home I made spaghetti and meatballs and managed to burn the bottom of every single piece of garlic bread. It was late, we were hungry, and it was good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home