Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hands off me grog, you scallywag!

The other night I was running low on beer but remembered that there were 3 left in the RV fridge. So, I took my hiney out there to retrieve them! Imagine my surprise when I peered into the fridge and saw that those 3 beers had multiplied into an entire case! Wow! I didn't know they had breeding capabilities!!! Very, very cool.

I know I've mentioned before about husband's unfathomable penchant for holing away beer that he doesn't drink. That's right - he doesn't drink beer at home unless we have people over; never when we're alone. It's a true head-scratcher and one that I don't have any intention of quizzing him about. However, I do think it has something to do with me viewing relaxing with a beer as an opportunity to talk and he's not having any of THAT!

So, anyway.... While doing my shopping at Publix yesterday, I, of course, noticed that the beer area was sans beer and was now filled with bottled water. WTF????? Did Publix sell alcohol to the under aged? Did they relocate it to another part of the store that I somehow missed stumbling upon? Did they clearance out all their product due to their expiration dates? That last one is the stuff of dreams isn't it!

No biggie, I thought, there's a case in the RV! Whew. Crisis averted.

Having consumed the 1 beer that was in the house, I asked #2 to do me the favor of braving the RV steps and putting 6 beers into a grocery bag for me to transfer to the fridge in the garage. Yes, there's fridge in the garage but it's no good for HIDING beer, you know. Beer found in THAT fridge pretty much comes with a sign that says 'DRINK ME!' Hence the reason husband did NOT put his beer booty in there.

OK, back to it - upon hearing the garage door open, I hear husband literally run across the upstairs floor, run down the front steps, and run around the corner to the garage. Say what? At that point #2 is just now coming out of the RV with the bag o'beer and he says to me - and I'm totally NOT even shitting you! - 'Are you drinking MY beer?'

What the crap is WITH this asshole???????????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home