Friday, November 03, 2006

Halloween

Finally getting around to posting about our Halloween! Sorry, husband has been off the last 2 days so no blogging until late in the evening and by then I've had too much to drink to type.

Ok, I got the good stuff and lots of it! $1.97 per bag at the Kroger. Woohoo!

Snickers
100,000 Dollar Bars
Kit Kat
Twix
Plain and Peanut M&Ms
White chocolate Reese's Cups

Husband proclaims that HE doesn't like chocolate - that HE prefers gummy and sour stuff. Next thing I know I'm picking up 100,000 Dollar Bar wrappers and 3 different bags are opened! Ok, I opened the peanut M&Ms but HE, the unliker of chocolate, opens the other 2.

Our yearly tradition is to go to one of our favorite markets and let the girls pick out their own pumpkin and an extra one for me. This year the market has closed up shop and the girls are nowhere to be found on shopping day so husband and I pick out 2 at the Kroger. I decided not to get one this year.

#3 is home 1st and makes her pick. #2 is happy with the one she has. So far...so good.

All weekend and Monday, nobody touches the pumpkins! WTF?

Tuesday - All Hallows Eve - I pull out the decorations from the garage (thanks for NOT doing that on your 2 days off, husband!), clear off the kitchen table, and cover it with paper. I assemble all the carving supplies - templates, reamer-outer scrapie thingy, tools, and candles.

#2 & #3 come home and I tell them to bring in their pumpkins, everything's ready.

#3 leaves. To help her friend work-out. Um? Whatever. And SHE's the one who wanted to know if we were picking out pumpkins this year AND the first to lay claim to the ones I bought. Go figure.

Anyway......#2 and I carve them. Mine is pretty traditional, #2's is well ... interpretive free-form?










#2 went with a friend, both dressed as pirates, #3 and her friends only hit houses of friends cause they didn't bother to dress for the occasion.

The weather was perfect. We had more trick-or-treaters than we've had in the past 3 years, and I nearly ran out of candy.

I declare THIS Halloween a success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home