Sunday, October 15, 2006

The weekend update

Quick update on the stupid cow that tried to get #3 arrested....still no return call to my message on her machine to "Call me!". However, #3 did spot her today as she was doing her coffee mug thing. Of course she didn't know that was #3 in that cute little costume (still no pics - sorry) throwing her a bird. Can you actually throw someone a bird if you only have 3 cartoony fingers and a thumb?

Well, anyway, I knew that piece of buttcrust would be too much of a chicken shit to talk to me!

What else.....oh - went to P's yesterday evening. Her husband was off fishing for the weekend and mine was doing his usual couch warming weekend routine. The plan was for us to sit on the deck, imbibe a few cold libations of an adult nature, and to have a good old chin wag while her kids were watching movies and eating pizza. Totally did NOT happen that way. Yeah, it was nice to get out and do a girls only thing but when 2 of those girls are a 14 yr old and the other is a busy-body, what you doing, what ya'll talking about, popping out onto the deck every 5 mins 19 yr old...um, just didn't do it for me. KWIM?

I had 4 beers (in 4 hours), a small slice of pizza, watched a movie I had already seen, and had a grand total of 15 mins of chit-chat with P. They were gearing up for movie # 2 with 2 of the 19 yr old's friends that popped in, and I called it a night and went home. I can get that shit at home plus a nice beer buzz that I couldn't get there knowing I'd have to drive home.

#1 called this afternoon - 8am her time - to tell me about the earthquake in Oahu. They were without power and had no batteries for their radio. She didn't know what was going on so I had to relay the news as I watched it on the tv. She was worried about tsunami - she's been through that threat once while in Okinawa - but was greatly relieved to find out that there was no threat. She and her roommate were fine except for the fact that their apt. is on the 16 floor! I do hope the power is back on for them tomorrow. Walking 16 flights of stairs - up and down? First I'd get vertigo and then I'd die from a heart attack! Oh, they also had no water. #1 is lucky in that she could shower when she got to work and fill her truck with gas.

What struck me about the whole thing, though, was while watching the news, I noticed how cool and calm everyone there was. I mentioned my amazement to her when I talked to her this evening and she said that everyone there was always just so laid back - a difference in culture. I can't imagine the folks here on the CONUS just patiently waiting in line for a store owner to let people in by 2's and no one screaming racism, discrimination, complaining that it was taking too long, or trying to use their children as an excuse to go in next. Plus, no riots or looting?!?!

The people of Hawaii made me very proud today!

Oh, we'll know in the morning whether or not #1 gets the house.

One last thing - no phone call from STFBN to inquire as to #1's health and/or safety due to the earthquake. Am I surprised? No. Further evidence that she never really gave a crap anyway.

Give me a break, ok? I'm still coming to terms with this shit!

Gosh darn it! I finished my post and then had to come back. Totally forgot to mention husband and his out of character behavior today!

1/ He took #3 to work
2/ Helped #2 build a new winter house for the rabbit
3/ Took it upon himself - no asking involved! - to go the the store to get the ice cream that I went to the store to get but then promptly forgot to buy. DOH!
4/ Had a hot pot of coffee waiting on me when I got up on Fri, Sat, and Sun.

What does it all mean????????

I'm not going to try too hard to answer that because ignorance truly IS bliss.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home