Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My day off

Husband and I did our duty as citizens today and voted. As far as I can tell, my vote did count b/c my picks for Gov, Lt. Gov, and Rep from my district all won. There were several amendments/referendums that I've yet to hear about.

The weather was off and on rainy, the line was quick moving, and the Diebold showed the correct selections when I reviewed my vote. So it was a pretty typical election day.

The girls were out of school today so we all went to the polls together and then to eat Mexican food. After that we went to Home Depot for smoke detector batteries (a week late but better than the past 3 yrs! Thank goodness the C0 detector in the RV was announcing a low battery or the ones in the house would have never gotten new batteries this year either!) and light bulbs - those globey type bulbs that go in fancy lighting fixtures. Oooo, I also managed to snag myself a new ironing board pad and cover combo on clearance for under $6! Score!!!

Came home and I put a fire in the fireplace and watched the election results, NCIS, and the Unit.

I enjoyed today.

Tomorrow, back to the business of dealing with bullshit.

It's good to take a day off here and there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home