Thursday, November 09, 2006

Just another day in paradise

The day started out good. I woke up for one thing - that's always a plus. I then made and drank my coffee, read all the favorite blogs, and played a game of dominoes. Talked to P on the phone - twice. We laughed so hard the first time she called that she totally forgot to tell me what it was she'd called for in the first place!

#2 calls and says that she's staying over for help with Spanish and to please pick her up at 4pm.

#3 got home and I told her that we'd need to leave about 4:40 to get to her 5:00 interview. She's got an in as hostess at a local Italian restaurant.

So far, so good.

I get to the school right at 4pm - park and read my junk mail and ads that I grabbed from the mailbox on the way out.

4:15 no sign of #2. I need to put gas in my car b/f taking #3 to her interview. I'm totally running on fumes but figured to do that on the way back home.

4:30 still no sign of her. Did she get a last minute ride home? What the crap am I supposed to do now? Do I keep waiting and leave #3 hanging?

I have to get gas, go pick up #3, and get to the Italian place in half an hour!

I figure she'd gotten a ride so I left. Of course she calls home 2 seconds after I leave the school wanting to know where I was. #3 says that she said she would just walk home so we left. Got the gas and got there right at 5pm.

I'm settling in for the wait when a minute later, #3 comes back out the restaurant door and gets in the car. 'scuse me? "Um, yeah. The manager didn't come in today and they didn't bother to call me and tell me! I have to do this all over again tomorrow!"

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper at this point so I drive a bit 'forcefully' all the way home. Didn't see any cops.

We rode by where #2 would cut through from the school and there was no sign of her. I go ahead and take #3 home (#2's not home) and decide to go back to the school in case she's still there by some chance. Nope. I go drive up the cut through road - no sign of her. I sit for a minute in the driveway of one of their friends who lives at the end of the road in case she's in there. Nope. I come home. She's there and had been for about 10 minutes!

Holy shit what a fucking nightmare!

I settle down, make a big pot of mac n cheese and reheat yesterday's fried chicken. Watch Seinfeld with #2 while we eat and then head downstairs to my room and my heating pad. I watch Survivor and a wonderful episode of CSI. I'm having a beer and relaxing and the day's bullshit is far behind me. I'm coooool, man.

Then...........BLAM! #3 comes down and says, "Mom, would you have a talk with Dad about the way he treats my friends?" Oh crap, what the hell did he say/do now?

D, the guy friend that #3 gets a ride to and from school, was over here and they were watching videos on the computer and talking and having a good time. Husband comes up to him and says, "Um, yeah, are you the asshole who made my daughter late for school the other day? Well, if it happens again, I'm cutting off your balls and puttin' 'em in a Dixie Cup!"

What husband doesn't know, because he doesn't talk to anyone or listen to anyone or is in anyway involved with anyone in this house, is that there was an accident that morning and that 1/2 the school enrollment was late!!!! We weren't the only parents who got a call from the school that day saying our child wasn't there. If the kids aren't counted as present during 1st period roll call, they're marked absent even if they show up 10 minutes later. I could have told him that if he had been interested enough to ask!

Also, what's with the breaking all 'bad dad' on the poor boy? It's not like he's ever stood up for any of us before. He just made himself look stupid because everyone knows that he just sits around ignoring everyone or jerking off while doing RV maintenance. D has been to this house MANY times and yet husband couldn't tell you his name if his life depended on it! He couldn't tell you the name of anyone who comes to this house to visit with the girls.

What a sad, stupid, little man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home