Thursday, April 20, 2006

Drop the apathy and pick up a case of Bud

I was just listening to Denny Schaffer on WGST. He was interviewing a woman about a new website that's been set up to encourage our elected officials to build a fence along our borders. Go there and take a look. While you're there, you can donate to the effort and/or sign a petition that will be sent to the President, your Senators, and your Representatives.

While we're on the subject of illegal immigration, consider joining Bob Griggs in his mini-protest to do "Nothing Mexican on Cinco De Mayo".

This year, Cinco de Mayo will be a celebration of my hope that America will
repulse the current invasion of illegal aliens. I will not patronize my favorite
Mexican restaurant nor any other Hispanic-owned or “Mexican-themed” business on May 5 or the week thereafter. Neither will I employ the services of any company
that I know to employ illegal aliens.


On a personal note, my neighbors always go to their favorite Mexican restaurant on May 5th; they have even been known to take a 'sick' day in order to attend the fiesta. The draw? With each 2 pitchers of margaritas ordered, you get a free t-shirt. They also buy Corona and those little tiny Key Limes to continue the festivities later on their deck.

Why celebrate a fake holiday as an excuse to get drunk? Who needs excuses? I certainly don't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home