Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What's the beef with fish?

Grocery shopping day. Hmmm.....what to make for dinner?

Fish sounded good. We haven't had that in a while. I love all kinds of fish but my favorite is catfish. I know it's a bottom feeder and that it's verboten by some religions but I find it extremely yummy and sweet-tasting. I honestly could eat it until I made myself sick.

However, I don't buy it or cook it. I only eat it when out. I used to buy it and cook it but the last time I did, husband declared, "I HATE catfish!". I think I may have blogged about that incident but I don't feel like trying to find it right now.

Husband also doesn't like salmon - which, of course, I love. I only buy that for myself and sometimes # 3. Her likes and dislikes change from day to day.

The only fish that husband will consistently eat is Talapia. I've fried it, baked it, breaded it, and not breaded it - he eats it.

Not today.

I spent $7.00 on fish and he eats the dressing I made yesterday and a cheesy, stuffed baked potato I fixed to go along with the fish.

# 3 didn't eat any fish either - potato only.

I'm now stuck with eating 3 more pieces of fish before it goes bad. It won't freeze so that's out. Damn, I hate eating the same protein 3 days in a row!!!!

For the weekly snacker, I made 20 ( a whole package worth of wrappers) vegetarian egg rolls. # 2 ate 2 of them along with 2 of the potatoes.

Why the hell did I buy fish?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home