Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stick with the sure thing and you can't go wrong

It's official. Husband will be leaving on Friday to check on the RV. He'll be alone. He'll be back on Sunday. Works for me.

I've had an offer to join a friend in a yard sale/craft show on Saturday called Olde Towne Downtown that extends from downtown areas here all the way through to the next state. I don't think it's going to be quite as big as The World's Longest Yardsale that goes from TN to KY but it should be somewhat impressive.

I just don't know if I want to bother or not. I did several craft shows last year featuring homemade dog treats - that sold very well- and pet bandanas - that really didn't. My bandanas are different because they're adjustable so they fit each pet individually. The price was right (or so I thought) at $5.00 each but I only sold 6 out of the 200 I made so I wouldn't consider that a success. I don't know why they didn't sell - I had lots of variety, they were well made, they were unique to anything on the market, and they were priced well. The experience broke my spirit for craft shows so, right now, I don't think I'll be attending.

Actually, I'm thinking of just donating the 194 I have left to an animal rescue organization or to the county animal shelter. That's a tax deduction, right? I'll probably make more money doing it that way!

As for doing the dog treats - not enough time. I can only get 6 - 1/2 pound bags per batch so lots and lots of batches are needed to make enough to display well. It takes an average of 3 hours per batch because they basically just dry out in a low temp oven. The main thing, though, is that I don't have the patience for that this week.

I think I'll just stay home, lose a few games of backgammon, have a few beers, and maybe rent a movie. #2 and #3 will have their own plans so I think it's do-able.

Getting out of the house and mixing it up with others will do you good, you say?

Nah. Meeting new people isn't really on my list of things to do right now. Not enough return on the investment. Besides, I'm still in the red when it comes to the people I already know!

Edited to add a link and correct info on the WLY

1 Comments:

Blogger bb said...

Sadly, if your husband is like mine and it sounds like he is, he won't have a clue as to why you wouldn't consider that a worthy gift.

I remember the Christmas that my 'gift' from husband consisted of new hub caps under the tree and windshield wipers in my stocking.

He was so impressed with himself that he actually bragged to the neighbors about how well he had done.

Needless to say, it's now everyones favorite holiday joke. Everyone except husband, that is.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home