Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Everyone's hungry. Do you want me to cook something?

I've been in a strange mood all week. The kind of mood that could be pinned on PMS if I still suffered from that affliction. Perhaps I do but under a different name - Post Menopausal Syndrome.

Well, whatever the reason, I've had no patience what-so-ever when it comes to people. Two people in particular. I'm sure you can guess who they are - some-time friend, bitch neighbor and husband.

Husband is easier so let's start with him.....

He wants to know if I want to go to my parent's this weekend to look at the RV. Um.....NO! The kids don't want to go either. They chimed in w/o being asked their opinion on the trip. It's a 4 hour drive, we have to stay with my parents, and they are soooooo extremely boring, and we'll spend all our time watching husband drool all over the RV's interior. Egad! The whole scenario brings to mind the plot of a 'B' rated horror movie.

It's decided that if he wants to go he can go without us. He'll have more fun anyway. Really.

Two days later, he gets a call from his dad. His parents are in Ohio breaking in THEIR new RV and he wants to know if husband has gone to check on ours yet. Check on it? What's to check on? When my dad called to ask husband if there was any routine maintenance he could do for us, like checking the battery, or cranking the thing from time to time, husband said 'No. The solar panels keep the battery charged - no need to crank it.'

So, I ask what sorts of things is he 'supposed to check on'? Husband says, 'The batteries.' I guess there's more than one? Who knew? To which I reply, 'But you told my dad that didn't need to be done. What's the deal?' I think that's a perfectly reasonable question. It's a long drive, the price of gas is high, no one else wants to go, so in my mind - it's a waste of time and money.

Husband didn't seem to care for the question, however. He blows out a huge puff of air, tightens his jaw, and stares up at the ceiling. Sort of like what you do when you're so pissed that you have to decompress in order to stop yourself from beating the ever-lovin' pulp out of somebody.

So, I say, 'Well, hell! I didn't know the question was going to make your head explode! Just forget that I said anything if you want to.' To which he huffs, 'Yeah. I'm going to bed.'

Eh....whatever!

Last night (2 days after the above scene takes place), I'm gathering up the garbage as I usually do on the night before garbage day. He comes into the kitchen and asks, 'You want me to take that out since tomorrow is garbage day?' This pisses me off! Why would THAT piss you off, you ask? Well, first of all - he never offers to do anything. That was an offer - wasn't it? Um, no. An offer would be 'Here. Let me take that out to the garbage' What he does, instead, is to always ASK if I want him to do something. Hello! Big difference!

I can just imagine HIS irritation with me if I continually asked him 'Would you like me to wash your uniforms?' instead of simply washing them. Or asking 'Do you want me to pay the bills?' instead of simply paying them. You see the difference? What's the purpose of asking someone if they want you to do something that everyone knows needs to be done on a regular basis??? Maybe it's because he hasn't taken the trash out in years?

Of course my pissy mood got the best of me and I couldn't resist stating, 'Oh. I didn't know that you realized that tomorrow WAS trash day.' After which he storms out the front door, puts the garbage in the can, and goes to bed via the downstairs thus avoiding any more contact with me.

I'll finish up my week and gripe-fest about bitch neighbor in another post. I think I've run out of room in this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home