Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fact really IS stranger than fiction!

Ok, finishing up with my pissy, PMS week.

Some-time friend, bitch neighbor.......

Her visit with me during the weekend was the last straw for me. So, knowing that her husband is off on Mondays, I decide that he and I should have a little talk about exactly what it is that his wife has stuck up her ass.

Folks, you are just NOT going to believe what I'm about to tell you!

According to her husband - she's jealous because I have a working stove and she doesn't.

'You cannot be serious!', I exclaim in utter amazement. 'SHE is jealous of ME?'

Why, you might ask, is it so unfathomable that my new stove couldn't cause her to have feelings of inadequacy?

Well, I'll tell you.

Yes, it's true that her oven doesn't work and hasn't worked for 3 yrs now. They bought it brand new and within the 1st year, the oven goes out twice. Something about the thing that triggers the gas to come on. They have it fixed once but then decided that the stove was a piece of shit and that instead of fixing it again, they would just buy a new one.

Perfectly reasonable plan, right?

However, instead of keeping to that plan, here's what they've done, instead -

Bought a brand new refrigerator
Bought a brand new 'top of the line' stainless steel gas grill
Bought a brand new 'top of the line' charcoal smoker with direct and indirect smoking abilities
Bought a brand new Chrysler Seabring convertible
Bought a nearly new full-size, extended cab, Ford pick-up truck
Replaced the carpet in the living-room, on the steps, and down the hallway
Extended their back deck 10 feet both by length and width
Bought a brand new wooden shed and paid for it to be assembled
He gave her a ruby ring for their anniversary - bought it at Jared's (nothing cheap there!)
She bought him a diamond studded watch for his birthday
Bought a mid-sized (don't really know how you rate them for size but it cost @ $800) generator - in case of hurricane caused power outages

........just to name a few things.

What have I bought in the past 3 yrs?

$100 POS truck to fix up for the kids
New stove (which couldn't be bought until our tax refund was in the bank)

Hmmm.........does something about all this seem to be a bit off to you, too?

I think the woman has more problems than mere jealousy. Pathological narcissism comes to mind.

Edited to add that neither of these lists include Christmas gifts! I just wanted to make that clear. STFBN's husband got her a very nice Kitchen-Aide mixer. Well, husband got me one as well and boy, did THAT piss her off! She wasn't able to rub it in my face. Muhahaha...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home