Sunday, March 04, 2007

Birthday Bashed

It's been a while since I vented. Partly because I haven't had the time and partly due to my lack of motivation. So much has been going on that I find it very difficult to process it all into anything that makes sense.

#1 has been here for 2 weeks. In that time things have been bought, painted, taken down, moved, replaced, and repaired.

Before she arrived home I was a fount of wisdom, a helper, a shoulder. Since she arrived, I'm a bother, a pain in the ass, an irritant. Most days I barely get spoken to and then only to tell me that she doesn't need to hear anything I'm saying.

Husband and I have called in favors from friends and neighbors to help her with things that we just can't do by ourselves. Her words say she's thankful but her actions say she's bored and uninterested. Just get it done and leave me alone her attitude screams.

#2 has stayed out of the fray. She knows better than to bother getting in the middle and being bitch-slapped for having an opinion that's contrary to that of #1's.

#3 is moving in with #1. I honestly thought it would make things better. She's only just across the street after all. However, she plays to the crowd and when her friends are near, everyone else is a piece of shit to be scraped from her shoe.

Today she asked #2 (who has plans for #3's vacated room) to put her things in bags and she'll come get them and that will make things go quicker. #2 is more than glad to help things move along. There is no love lost between the 2 and the sooner they have their own street-divided space, the better for everyone. At least on paper.

#3 came to get some stuff; #2 was in her room gathering her things together as asked. #3 brought friends to help. #3 screams at her sister to get the hell out of 'her' room to which her sister responded by throwing a partially full garbage bag at her. To which #3 responds to by throwing a BOWLING BALL at her sister! The 2 then embraced each other in a death grip on the with claws fully extended. To which husband responds with a choke hold to pull off the sister on top which happened to be #3!

There was blood. Sweat. Tears. Yelling. Screaming.

I calmed myself down by crying and staring at a half-played game of Free Cell. I was shaking too hard to play; not to mention the fact that I couldn't believe how things went from fine to fucked in a matter of mere moments. This was to have been the evening of my birthday dinner. Everyone was home at the same time and we had plans to eat Mexican food!!!! I had showered in anticipation. Unfortunately before I could even get out of my post shower attire and into clothes, the smack-down was on and the course of events turned decidedly due South.

I need something for my soul so I went in search of a hair cut. The only hair place open on Sundays turns out,unfortunately, to be Great Clips. Who, by the way, only charges you $13 for a cut but if you want it blow dried so your hair doesn't freeze up and fall off in the winter temps, they charge you an extra $19!

How weird is it that they charge more for something that any idiot without a licence can do than for something you have to pay to be taught??????? Where the hell is the logic in that!?! It must be that they simply want to herd you in like cattle, chop off the offending hair, have you pay, and then kick your ass out the door. Actually doing something with the hair they just cut could possibly accentuate the fact that you just got a piss-poor hair cut and they don't fucking want you to know that until the next damn day when it's too late to complain about it!!!!!!!!!

I told them to shove it and left.

I went bra shopping at Penny's. Half off sale. I went down a size for having the good sense to buy Bali instead of some no-name brand they sell at K-Mart. That was an unexpected pick-me-up and totally appreciated.

My purchase was made at exactly 6pm - mall closing time. So I went and bought myself a French Vanilla convenient store cappuchino and some scratch offs which yeilded nothing. Went home. Checked the machine. Husband had left a message that said "Call me!". I did. He and #2 were waiting for me at the Mexican restaurant if I'd care to join them. I did. Turns out they had gone looking for me in all the places I might be in hopes of fulfilling our plans for a birthday dinner.

They made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home