Sunday, March 18, 2007

I REALLY need a new life!

I'm being walked all over and I can't figure out how to stop it!

#1 uses my car but never checks the oil. I had to take #2 to meet a friend yesterday (Saturday) and my valves were rattling so hard I'm sure the entire neighborhood could hear them! 2 quarts low. I went to get my spare quart from the back of my van - not there. Went to the garage where there is supposed to be a case of oil (because I bought it!) - empty. So I had to drive it up to the corner store and hope that the engine light didn't come on. It didn't. Whew!

I bought the last 2 cases of oil because husband doesn't bother to think about it. I ALWAYS keep a spare quart in my car but husband will take it because my car is closer to his than the garage is! And, he never replaces it for me.

I asked husband to talk to #1 about making sure she checks the oil when she uses the car. He didn't. Still hasn't.

#1 only has a cell phone and the number is long distance. She bought it when she lived in VA. #3 is staying with her. Her friends and work need to be able to reach her. So, they have one of my 3 satellite cordless phones to use across the street. It has intercom capability but they still just pop over whenever, do their laundry, dig around for food, or use the computer. Plus, we have to constantly ask her to get off of it so we can use it! Also, she has still not cleaned her abandoned former room and we can't do anything with it yet. The carpet needs to be taken out and the floor unsqueeked while it's empty or nothing will ever be done to fix it.

#1 refuses to apologize to the neighbors for the fence fiasco. She says that's 'not her'. That she 'doesn't do that sort of thing'. I blew up at husband about how all this could have been avoided had they done what I asked and spoken to the neighbor before hand. Which they laughed off and told me not to worry about - they've got it handled. In reality, I'm the only one who had NOTHING to do with the fence and yet am the ONLY one to have apologized! Husband said that he would go over with #1 and together they would deal with it. Didn't happen. He spent the day with his friend B and didn't get home until after dark. Today, I awake to find that he's gone to B's again. He doesn't get home until after dark.

I find out from B's wife that they had gone caving. I find out from #2 that he had invited her and her boyfriend to go but then left this morning without ever bothering to ask her what they had decided. Needless to say, she was a bit put out.

#3 tells me that she needs some new pants and asks if we can go shopping Friday as they're off from school. No problem. That day, I buzz her on the phone to ask what time she'll be ready to go. Oh, she says, let's do it another day, I have friends coming over. Saturday she waltzes over here and tells me that she wants to go shopping for clothes with her friends but that the bank won't give her any money without me there so, would I give her $100 and she'll repay me. I told her no and that had we gone shopping as planned, she wouldn't have had to worry about the money because I was going to buy them for her. I'm still responsible for her and that doesn't change just because she's living across the street with her sister. She's not happy and asks her dad. I don't know what he said but I'm sure it was something along the lines of 'I don't know nothing about no money, Mz Scarlett!'. Which is true. If I died tomorrow he wouldn't have a clue as to what to do b/c that's a task he's put solely upon my shoulders. Money and bills - he doesn't want to hear about them. If there's money in the bank to buy stuff for the RV or for caving, he'll take it and then get pissy with me when I ask him where the hell it went b/c I've got to pay the bills! He shrugs and grunts and ignores the question.

So - what the hell am I doing here???

The only person who still respects me, my stuff, and my time is #2. Wonder how much longer that will last?

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense - it's pretty much train of thought so I could get it all out - or most of it, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home