Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Unexpected gift

I never get flowers but I did today.

I returned home from the dentist to find an FTD box sitting on my porch. My first thought was that they were from afore mentioned dentist as a thank you for sitting patiently for 2 hours to get 2 x-rays, a 5 minute quicky exam, and a referral.

Well, I'm not a morning person so my thinking was a bit out there.

Turns out they were from my #1 child who finds precious little about me that's acceptable. That's an attitude she's adopted just over the past year and for the life of me I can't figure out what caused THAT to happen. My gut tells me that she's just pissed off to find out that I'm right more often than she is. Poor baby.

I should probably call and thank her but I'm not really up to justifying my existence today.

Perhaps I'll just zip her off an email.

Happy Belated Birthday to me ...

Edited to add that I sucked it up and called her to say thanks. Voice mail rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home